Today was the big day! Luna and Nosy were coming home. As my mom and I peered into the tank our "Awww"'s were met by another lady looking to buy a rat. There were two rats and two people wanting to buy them. The lady was super nice and said that we could pick first because we were there first. I was slightly more attracted to the black and white one(Nosy) but the beige one(Luna) was also super cute. We decided that we would pick out the supplies and look around some more before we actually got the rat. We got the 20 gallon tank just in-case we were going to get another rat later on. After we got all the supplies we got to hold the rats and see which one we were interested in buying. Nosy and Luna were snuggled up together in their hut. When I put my hand in Nosy came running up and after sniffing me she climbed up my hand to investigate. Luna stayed back and got some water and then she sniffed me and put her paws up on my hand. After spending some time playing with them I decided that I liked Nosy and would get her; she was more adventurous and that would be fun for me and her. As the lady was getting the box ready and filling out the paper work one of the other employees said that with our size tank we could fit two rats! We told her that we would maybe add another rat later on but she said that that would not be a great idea because they could fight. So, after some consideration we got both of them!!! I was so happy to be getting them both because they already got a long well and now they wouldn't have to be separated. When we got home we set up the cage and then put the rats in. Nosy went in first and she went straight for the hut. Luna went into the hut too but about a minute later she was out and about investigating and running on the wheel. Luna absolutely LOVES the wheel. She runs and runs and runs. Nosy eventually came out of the hut and walked around a bit. I went to go have lunch and when I came back they were just hanging out. Later that afternoon I took Luna out and onto my bed. She crawled around and snuggled with me some. I also took out Nosy after I put Luna back. Nosy didn't want to come out at first but now she loves it. She crawled around and investigated, like Luna. That night after I went to bed I could hear them playing, running on the wheel, hitting their toy around, and drinking from the waterbottle. It was an exciting day and we had lots of fun.
-Daisy, Luna and Nosy xoxo
AT PETSMART
LUNA EXPLORING THE NEW CAGE
NOSY PEEKING OUT OF THE HUT
LUNA
NOSY
LUNA
LUNA AND NOSY SLEEPING
No comments:
Post a Comment